JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Grassroots

<<< Back to forum index page

A Message from John Sherman

Our work, our purpose, and the goal of all our efforts is to make one simple insight into the root cause of all human misery and one simple act of inward looking universally available and accessible within the entire human community.

Please make a donation now and help us get through the next few weeks.

And, if you can, start a monthly pledge in any amount to contribute to the development of a stable financial footing for our work.

Now, some good news

Since November, there has been a radical shift in the directness and clarity of our expression about the looking and its effects. This change has brought about a big increase in the number of people interested in our work.

Confirmation that this simple act really works is becoming more and more apparent, as more people try it and report experiences consistent with its promise.

In the last four months:

• Our overall web traffic has more than doubled;
  • We are receiving many letters and emails from people all over the world reporting that they are experiencing the positive results of the looking in their relationship with their own lives and expressing their gratitude;
  • We are also receiving reports from people who are working through the difficulties that can occur during the process of recovery from the effects of the fear. Many come to the forums. First they seek help for themselves, and then stay to help others;
  • Our bandwidth usage, which is a measure of the many free downloads of ebooks, audio and video recordings, blog postings and the like, has more than doubled;
  • People from 84 countries have visited our websites;
  • Membership in the forums at the Community Center has more than doubled and now stands at about 411. And there are almost always four or five times as many unregistered guests reading the postings as there are registered members;
  • It is now apparent that a clear, common-sense understanding of the underlying psychological mechanisms at play during the recovery period can actually shorten its length and ease the sense of hopelessness that may arise as the personality restructures itself. In the presence of that understanding, the return to sanity can be less painful and less complicated. The community forums are at the very heart of this work.

We're getting organized

I have recently formed an organizing committee to develop a plan for bringing this amazing message to the world. This committee is comprised of Carla Sherman, my wife and the Executive Director of the Just One Look Foundation, myself, Bill Corcoran, a gifted musician who has taken on the task of organizing volunteers, and David Parrish, a psychologist, retired government official, and public speaker, who is writing a book about our work.

You may have already noticed the changes on the RiverGanga website. Carla and I redesigned the structure and navigation to make it easier on the eye and easier to find you way around. We are working now to consolidate all our sites into one fully integrated web presence, with JustOneLook.org at the center. We plan to have this completed by the end of April.

Our work is offered free of charge

The suggestion to look at yourself, all meetings of any kind, in any venue, most audio and video recordings, any helpful instructional material and, most importantly, the community forums always have been and always will be available completely free of charge.

It's not surprising that making a donation to support this work wouldn't occur to those newly arriving here and hearing of the looking and its promise for the first time. For most, the motivation to support the effort to bring this to the world appears only when the effects of the looking take hold and true compassion sets in.

If you are among those who know what's possible with this simple act of inward looking and see the importance of bringing it to the world, please help us by making a donation now.

Thank you,

John

Click here to go to our donations page.

Reasons

Dear John and Community,

I have given at least a couple times in the past, but I haven't chosen to give much lately and these are the reasons why:

1) I'm not confident enough yet that John's prescription actually delivers on its promise. Which leads directly to the second reason, which is:

2) As John most nobly says himself, I feel that I would like to wait until I have certifiable positive results in my own life before I start fully endorsing this work. John himself said on one of his websites that he believes that if his message is true, and if people really do find their lives transformed, then people will be compelled to give of their own accord. Well, considering that I don't have enough money to be throwing it at whatever sounds good, I will take him up on that statement.

3) I (and probably most others involved with this work) do not have much to give. My guess is that most people who are wealthy and successful in life do not come to these types of self-help places. It's people with broken-down lives (like me) who come here, and people with broken-down lives aren't doing well enough financially to donate much.

Nevertheless, most people out there make a lot more than I do, and I have already given, despite my skepticism. If you definitely feel that you have benefited in some way from John's message, I think you should give something back. Frankly, my life is still in the dumps so I am understandably standoffish, but if you're doing well because of this Looking, you should give.

Even if the benefits you've received haven't been permanent, if you truly got some significant joy or insight or positive feeling out of this, then I think it's fair to pay that source back justly. We pay to get pranic healings and goddess seminars and psychiatry sessions and energy crystals and pricey nutritional products etc., so we can at least give back for the logical and earnest work that John is promoting. That's only fair.

I really want for this forum and John's websites to continue running. If nothing else, it's encouraging and profoundly insightful.

Honesty

gerrit

Dear John and Community,

I have given at least a couple times in the past, but I haven't chosen to give much lately and these are the reasons why:

1) I'm not confident enough yet that John's prescription actually delivers on its promise. Which leads directly to the second reason, which is:

2) As John most nobly says himself, I feel that I would like to wait until I have certifiable positive results in my own life before I start fully endorsing this work. John himself said on one of his websites that he believes that if his message is true, and if people really do find their lives transformed, then people will be compelled to give of their own accord. Well, considering that I don't have enough money to be throwing it at whatever sounds good, I will take him up on that statement.

3) I (and probably most others involved with this work) do not have much to give. My guess is that most people who are wealthy and successful in life do not come to these types of self-help places. It's people with broken-down lives (like me) who come here, and people with broken-down lives aren't doing well enough financially to donate much.

Nevertheless, most people out there make a lot more than I do, and I have already given, despite my skepticism. If you definitely feel that you have benefited in some way from John's message, I think you should give something back. Frankly, my life is still in the dumps so I am understandably standoffish, but if you're doing well because of this Looking, you should give.

Even if the benefits you've received haven't been permanent, if you truly got some significant joy or insight or positive feeling out of this, then I think it's fair to pay that source back justly. We pay to get pranic healings and goddess seminars and psychiatry sessions and energy crystals and pricey nutritional products etc., so we can at least give back for the logical and earnest work that John is promoting. That's only fair.

I really want for this forum and John's websites to continue running. If nothing else, it's encouraging and profoundly insightful.

Thank you so much Gerrit for your honesty.

Mike

Why donate

If the looking is so simple, then that which is "seen" in the looking is so obvious, it does not need more than one look. This is the only thing that needs to be said, and looked at. This is why I donate. Thank you for looking, John and Carla and everyone else.

Deeply grateful

John and Carla

I am so very grateful for the work that you have done and are doing.

I first discovered you about five years ago during a very difficult time of financial hardship due to the crash of '08 and its impact on our livelihood in the new home construction industry. Beyond and far before that, I had been like so very many of the people who found your simple instruction after a lifetime of "spiritual" searching and uncounted explorations. I've described elsewhere in the forum a little more of the anxiety and panic I dealt with intermittently for many years.

As you say so often, it is very difficult to describe the results of our looking. It simply is not, for me, fireworks, unmitigated elation, liberation from all pain or other hardship, or any other such specific "reward" that I and others have for so long falsely identified as some sort of "salvation" or escape from the life we've been given.

It is for me now so much more than any of that in a subtle but more recognizable way, a deeper inner resonance with, acceptance of, and, for lack of a better word, a sort of unspeakable, sweet thrumming along with whatever life brings my way, like the deep inner hum of high voltage transmission lines. (And even as I say it, I feel a little fear at what life may yet throw at me...but that fear has shrunk to something so little, so actually insignificant, an annoying gnat that once recognized, I just brush away as often as needed--whereas it used to rule my life.)

So with love and deep gratitude I am able today, after a recent upturn in my personal circumstances, to pledge my monthly contribution towards sustaining you and the work you do which has done so much to not only sustain me but to show me me sustaining me all along and wildly if silently so.

To all those just starting out on the looking, or on the journey of looking, I can only say that I have found John's instruction to be of singular and central importance to embracing my life, melting into, becoming my own life, beyond what I was once even able to dream (but seemed always to remember) it could be.

Be well.

Well, be.

With love,

John

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation