JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Using the Just One Look Method

<<< Back to forum index page

Effects of the looking and money

Hi all !

I have to say a few words about the financial situation of the Just One Look project. I have been in this work for some time now and the last months I have really started to see effects in my mind and the relationship to my life. For a couple of years, I have felt that something had changed, and my only comfort in the following process of recovery from confusion and fear has been a gut feeling that the craziness was leaving sooner or later.

At times I have lost hope, I have suffered a lot and I it has taken a long time to see and accept that the act of looking at myself, is the act that has removed the root cause of my fear-based relationship to my life. This is still so big for me to see and notice in my life. I am actually beginning a new life with a direct experience of it.

I feel that my recovery has accelerated since I started to talk about my experiences. I have had (I still have but it is getting better) a real bad social anxiety. Just going to a social forum like this makes my body go in defensive. And for not so long ago I got in contact with a friend that also was in the process of recovery. And for every conversation with him, things started to clear up, for me and for him. And that led to that I started to be more active on this forum. This whole experience tells me that talking to each other is really helpful. It seems to me that talking about this strengthens it, and is helpful also in a larger scale.

And if this is the result in my life, and in my friend's life, it must be so for every human being in the world. This act is for real, it has the power to set us free from fear and confusion and open the possibility for us as humans to live a sane life.

And when I saw John's video yesterday about the financial situation I really noticed the importance of us having a platform to return to and where we can let this project grow. Despite that we have come a long way with this work and this community I think that this is just the beginning. And I think that this platform that John and Carla spend all there time on is very important. Therefore I urge everyone to help with what you can. It feels strange for me to urge you to do anything, but I really think this is important.

We have this act, and we have a great need for it in the world. Let's do this together...

Love, Niklas

Thank you

Hello, Niklas,

I think what you are saying is very wise. I also go through stuff when I think about talking here. I will talk about something that happened recently. I broke a front tooth with a crown on it so that it no longer can have a crown or a tooth. Other problems surfaced while at the dentist that will change the way I am able to chew. In the past, this would have devastated me. With the looking, I am able to move my attention when the thought pattern is neurotic and otherwise think about it more clearly. This is a significant improvement. I listen to the podcasts a lot. I am still not talking about this a lot for several reasons, but on occasion, if it arises, I experiment with seeing what I say when I do. I specifically agree with your assessment that this is the tender beginning of something worthy of nurturing.

Blessings,

Marlowe

Hi Marlowe.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. Yes, this act does significant improvements in our life's. It can be a struggle to talk about, but it is working. I remember the time when I talked a lot about spiritual matters. I could talk for hours , days and weeks. It is easy and easy to be good at, but it does not change anything. But now we are here talking about something that works. Something that we can put our energy into and learn to understand and use. Something that is real.

All the best to you

Niklas

Attention

Niklas from Sweden

Hi all !

I have to say a few words about the financial situation of the Just One Look project. I have been in this work for some time now and the last months I have really started to see effects in my mind and the relationship to my life. For a couple of years I have felt that something had change, and my only comfort in the following process of recovery from confusion and fear, has been a gut feeling that the craziness was leaving sooner or later.

At times I have lost hope, I have suffered a lot and I it has taken a long time to see and accept that the act of looking at myself, is the act that has removed the root cause of my fear based relationship to my life. This is still so big for me too see and notice in my life. I am actually beginning a new life with a direct experience of it.

I feel that my recovery has accelerated since I started to talk about my experiences. I have had (I still have but it is getting better) a real bad social anxiety. Just going to a social forum like this makes my body go in defensive. And for not so long ago I got in contact with a friend that also was in the process of recovery. And for every conversation with him, things started to clear up, for me and for him. And that led to that I started to be more active on this forum. This whole experience tells me that talking to each other is really helpful. It seems to me that talking about this strengthens it, and is helpful also in a larger scale.

And if this is the result in my life, and in my friends life, it must be so for every human being in the world. This act is for real, it has the power to set us free from fear and confusion and open the possibility for us as humans to live a sane life.

And when I saw John's video yesterday about the financial situation I really noticed the importance of us having a platform to return to and where we can let this project grow. Despite that we have come a long way with this work and this community I think that this is just the beginning. And I think that this platform that John and Carla spend all there time on is very important. Therefore I urge everyone to help with what you can. It feels strange for me to urge you to do anything, but I really think this is important.

We have this act, and we have a great need for it in the world. Lets do this together...

Love, Niklas

Hello Niklas, I think you are hitting the nail on the head. You speak of noticing....attention, and you speak of talking to others about your experience, this promotes attention to experience. The root of the word ignorance is ignore, and to attend is its opposite. I have found to simply pay attention to each moment in an all inclusive way fulfills on the act of looking.

Thank you for your contribution to this conversation and for your pointing to the need to support this work.

Love.

David

David

Thank you for your respons to my posting.

Yes, attention is the key. It is easy to find and opens it all.

Love

Niklas

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation