JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Using the Just One Look Method

<<< Back to forum index page

The Looking: A Reflection of Gratitude

Carla,

When I spoke with you today, I put down my notes and just spoke from the heart. Let's see if I can remember some of what I said.

I came across the looking in 2006... this was five years after a very quick meeting I had with John and Carla in 2001. At this point, I was steeped in the spiritual lifestyle. I was immediately taken by the simplicity and practicality of the looking. At last, there was something I could actually do.

Fortunately, I was able to grasp what John was speaking about and was pretty successful in attempting it. I would say that my one obstacle was an internal pressure, a physical sensation. With patience, I moved past this and began to quickly touch the reality of me. The most helpful of the pointers for me was and is "I am here. I am always here".

My life has changed in many ways during the course of recovery. I still have challenges, they are always there. I get frustrated and overwhelmed but, these states pass rather quickly. I am less superstitious about these states and moods. These days, I am very happy and content with my life. I love sitting with my partner and watching TV. I love walking my dogs, listening to music, doing the work that I do. I no longer require big ecstatic experiences. I am so happy with my life just as it is.

My advice to people just beginning the looking would be to be as patient with the process as possible. it is not a quick fix but it is a real fix. Also, it is good to focus only on this for a while. Set the spiritual teachings down for a while, they can always be picked back up again, with a much different perspective. Give yourself the space to experience this work unencumbered by other things.

So, there you have it. Thanks to you both for asking me to participate.

Love,

Brian

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation