JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Using the Just One Look Method

<<< Back to forum index page

I am M. from Uzbekistan

Dear Mr. John,

I am M. from Uzbekistan and I am really glad to get acquainted with you and your works and now to have the chance to write to you personally. Thank you very much for your book which I consider the most explanative and clear among the other hundred of books which I read with similar main topic. The majority of the questions which arise in my head and I guess in many other's are clarified in details thus preventing from moving deeply into wrong way.

And you know, looking straightly on the reality is connected with the only feeling in me which seems so natural and so overwhelming. I wouldn't call it an experience or whatever, because when being It consciously, all other states look like states, and all hesitations and so on look like simple movement in this great and inexplicable reality. However, when conscience is unstable, different feelings and internal conditions appear, and I would like to know, if these feelings are consequence of the absence of self conscience in me? I mean, that if I don't pay attention to it and start to play in imaginative games, such condition arise at once and it brings total dissatisfaction, and in that time I really need some hint or direction from outside to turn my attention towards myself. Sometimes I go in my mind after some ideas and it also can bring me to myself, but usually this following the ideas leads to lose of attention. I need only to know (knowing that such knowledge is also empty) if reality being whatever it is includes these feelings and should I pay attention to them when directing my internal glance to myself? Sometimes it is hard to distinguish arising ideas from identity with that simple arising in reality.

I don't know if I could explain myself clearly, but will really appreciate any comment from yours.

Thank you very much again.

With best regards,

M.

I read this post and talked about it at the Worldwide Meeting on July 9, 2011.

You can listen to the entire recording in our podcast. Please let me know if more is needed.

In love,

John

Dear Mr. John

Thank you so much for your attention and such detailed clarification in the podcast. What you are doing is really of tremendous support.

You know, being amazed by simplicity and straightforwardness of what you suggest people to look at in order to get rid of unseen feeling of misery, we together with my friend started to make translation of your book to russian language to enlarge auditorium, and while such thorough examination of it, I have found that you discussed and answered there really the most of the questions which tend to arise.

We just need to be more attentive when listening to message. And the main point which is always skiped is that we try to find that peacefullness already from the point of being afraid of life. It is very easy to get lost in searchings for something, but much more subtler and at the same time easier to see that all that comes from that inborn fear and intention to defend our life and there is nothing to be done with that consequences directly, except looking at the life itself.

During that time of such involvement into your so called theory and regular intentions to look at myself, i see that this anxiety and imajinative games which i asked you about arise from that fearful preface of our life. I am still not sure that it is that looking makes the job (though it tends to be like that), but i can see that it is that fear of life which is the premise and cause of not letting yourself to live life intensively not defending it and letting to occur whatever goes to occur, including all painfulness and pleasanties.

Dear Mr. John, I am really grateful for your efforts and sincere wish to open eyes of so many people in such masterful and direct form.

By the way, your singing abilities also deserve heartfelt praise ;)

Thank you once again. And please let me to keep in touch with you.

Sincerely and with love,

M.

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation