JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Using the Just One Look Method

<<< Back to forum index page

Straight Talk

What we have done so far

About eighteen years ago, while working as spiritual teachers of self-inquiry, Carla and I were taken by the idea that all human psychological misery might have a single cause and a single cure.

Over time, we came to see that there actually is but one true cause for all human psychological misery; it is the fear of life itself that strikes most of us in the pain and confusion of birth. And that fear creates a context of nonspecific, unconscious fearfulness in the heart of the mind.

That hidden infection of fear, working silently in the background of the mind from the moment of birth, is the true cause of all human-on-human aggression, and all self-destructive actions and behaviors. All war and all aggression against self and others is caused solely by the terrible burden of the fear of life itself.

Fear is the one true cause of human psychological misery.

The cure

The simple cure for this disease is to move the beam of your attention inward seeking a taste of the simplicity and ease of being that is your actual nature. Just one look with your mind's eye at your actual, uncontaminated self plucks the thorn of false fear from your mind once and for all.

If you have already done the act of looking at yourself in the manner we recommend, there's a good chance that you have already seen enough to fully understand the enormity of what we have found here together.

And if you have not yet done the act, please do so now, before reading any further. Clear and easy instructions on our website will show you how to do it and, if you go to our new testimonials page, you will see for yourself, through reports we receive from people all over the world, the power of this work to bring sanity and ease to troubled minds.

What we want to do

We are writing to you now to ask you to help us bring Just One Look to a worldwide audience as quickly as possible. God knows we need it.

There is no denying it: the world is on fire. And if you have had any experience with Just One Look's power to free the human mind, you must know by now that this simple movement of attention inward brings a true end to all fear-based beliefs and actions, and infuses courage and self-reliance into minds that were previously terrorized and driven to lash out against other human beings.

We see clearly the danger that confronts us in these times, but we also see how little it would take, with today's technology, to bring Just One Look to a wide enough audience to snuff out the fear and violence in all of us, once and for all. Sanity is contagious.

What you can do

We know what to do, but we have no money at all beyond the donations we receive which, for quite a while now, have not been enough even to pay the foundation's monthly bills. We always end up short.

Carla and I can barely pay the rent every month on the house that shelters us and the office of The River Ganga Foundation, the non-profit organization we operate to serve Just One Look.

We are poor but, having freed ourselves of the fear of life, we are obligated to work tirelessly to bring this gift to the entire human world, using every resource available to us"”until the hubs rub.

If you know that you are free of fear and on the road to sanity, you must be able to see the importance of shouldering some of the load of bringing this gift to all human beings with us. The more shoulders, the lighter the load.

Help us today with a donation or a monthly pledge. Without your help, we will not be able to continue for much longer.

It would be a shame to miss this opportunity to serve our fellow human beings who are crying out for help everywhere.

Please make a donation today. Time is ticking.

Donate with PayPal.

Donate in our secure web store.

"In this world, where fear and anxiety seem to be active at every level"”from the relationship to oneself, as well as to the world, John and Carla have worked tirelessly, often at the edge of going broke (really), to bring their simple but profound message to as many people as possible. Personally, after searching for peace and happiness for many decades, they showed me a door to finding the peace and happiness I already am. The slow change from seeking to finding, and the gratitude for finding this door cannot be expressed in words. If any work deserves support, this is it!" Harvey B., Austria

Carla Sherman

We know what to do, but we have no money at all beyond the donations we receive which, for quite a while now, have not been enough even to pay the foundation's monthly bills. We always end up short.

Carla and I can barely pay the rent every month on the house that shelters us and the office of The River Ganga Foundation, the non-profit organization we operate to serve Just One Look.

How we still can be in this situation, that the project's normal running costs are not even covered, is a mystery to me. We're not talking about huge sums here. I hear John sometimes say how many have been cured. I'm like Where are these people and why are people not willing to give you their money!? Pretty much everyone here and elsewhere must understrand by now there isn't a better pocket in world to put it in. It's downright shameful, I don't know what else to call it.

As a student I got plenty of time but little cash, yet I manage to make a monthly donation. It's not hefty, but it's something. And I will increase the amount. If everybody contributed a little, only a little per person would take us a long way. You know I'm right!

So if we could all sacrifice only some little convenience in our lives and instead pledge to donate monthly we would stand a much better chance at actually enjoying our future together on this earth. You know, if you need more convincing, you can see it as an investment in humanity, or as your pension insurance... so that we are able to live in peace in the future.

If anyone has an idea how to answer my question: Why people are not willing to give, I'd love to talk about it. Maybe we can do something about it.

roed_

Where are these people and why are people not willing to give you their money!? .

Well, Roed, I guess the main issue is that most people who land here are psychologically broke; and people who are psychologically broke are, for the most part, also financially broke and that's the whole problem.

roed_

Maybe we can do something about it.

Yes, what can we as forum members and people who have done the act of looking, do about it? That's the right question!

Let us find out what we collectively can do about it. I think this is the right time to start a discussion here: What do you guys think could be done about it.

I mean we are quite a large number of people here from all over the world, Europe, USA, Asia, Africa all connected through this platform. Can we make use of this connectedness and find a way together to make a contribution to John & Carla, after all that they have been contributing to us? Let's focus on that, I'm sure we will find a way if we do this together. I mean, we have a great starting point, Just take One Look ;) at this map (https://clustrmaps.com/site/fri?utm_source=widget), we are all over the place.

So is there a product or service we can develop together, which we can sell and make some money for the foundation. Or can we apply for funding from our corresponding governments. Let's brainstorm...

WHAT IS YOUR IDEA?

roed_

Where are these people and why are people not willing to give you their money!? .

Well, Roed, I guess the main issue is that most people who land here are psychologically broke; and people who are psychologically broke are, for the most part, also financially broke and that's the whole problem.

roed_

Maybe we can do something about it.

Yes, what can we as forum members and people who have done the act of looking, do about it? That's the right question!

Let us find out what we collectively can do about it. I think this is the right time to start a discussion here: What do you guys think could be done about it.

I mean we are quite a large number of people here from all over the world, Europe, USA, Asia, Africa all connected through this platform. Can we make use of this connectedness and find a way together to make a contribution to John&Carla after all that they have been contributing to us? Let's focus on that, I'm sure we will find a way if we do this together. I mean we have a great starting point, Just take One Look ;) at this map (https://clustrmaps.com/site/fri?utm_source=widget), we are all over the place and many of us seem to have a enough time.

So is there a product or service we can develop together, which we can sell and make some money for the foundation. Or can we apply for funding from our corresponding governments. Let's brainstorm...

WHAT IS YOUR IDEA!

In Sweden we have a public funding program open for everyone. The idea is that a group of people can come together and study or learn and improve a skill, and in return receive help to achieve their goals. One kind of help they offer is monthly grants to reimburse costs for materials. I'm now going to apply to create such a group, with the purpose to study the fear of life, its antidote, and to look for new ways to talk about it. We are obviously going to need study materials found in the JustOneLook web store!

That's great Roed! Let us know how it develops and tell us how we can help. Awesome!

Thank you, JaJa83! There is a lot of traffic to our website from all over. Here in the forum we have people from everywhere. Just today we welcomed a new member who lives in Kazakhstan!

It should not be hard to find other people in your city or country who are here in the forum.

How about this? Forum members interested in connecting with other forum members who have not yet introduced themselves, go ahead and make a brief posting telling us all how you found Just One Look, where you live, etc. And let us know if you are interested in meeting with other lookers in person.

Also, don't forget the chat feature, which is new in the forum. There is a speech bubble next to each member's name. If they are online, there is a green dot next to their name. If you think someone might be in your area, you can send them a message and ask!

If you want to gather a group of people in your area to talk about Just One Look and find ways to support the project, post an invitation here!

Roed, there is a mushroom that is called Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) and it grows wild in birch forests in Sweden. It is sold as tea or nutritional supplement here in Germany. If you can find a way to get some either by collecting it yourself or finding someone who sells it in bulk I will buy it from you and sell it here in Germany. 10% of all profits go to the foundation. What do you think?

JaJa83

Roed, there is a mushroom that is called Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) and it grows wild in birch forests in Sweden. It is sold as tea or nutritional supplement here in Germany. If you can find a way to get some either by collecting it yourself or finding someone who sells it in bulk I will buy it from you and sell it here in Germany. 10% of all profits go to the foundation. What do you think?

JaJa for various reasons I can't pick it myself however I can buy bulk from deep within Ragunda forest! I can get 450g carefully dried chaga mushroom for about €50 incl. domestic shipping, and a possibility to negotiate for quantities larger than 1kg. Would you be able to turn that into profit in Germany?

However should we do this I would prefer if all profit went to the foundation if that's cool with you. I mean that's the whole point of doing this. Otherwise I can hook you up with the seller too smily

I had the intention to process and trade with certain herbs and got everything ready (website, logo, equipment etc.). I borrowed some money to start up and import the herbs but almost all my goods were seized by the customs, except Chaga. They said they now implement a new interpretation of a law with a very strange, even ridiculous argumentation but I won't go into that now. So I lost all my money but the structure (Logo, webshop, registred company etc.) is still in place so I could revive it for this purpose now. I can give as much as possible to the foundation but there are some expenses that need to be covered (webspace, label printing, packaging, tax etc.). Check for the price of 3kg, I will see if I can raise the money (it's still early in the month). We should use the chat function from now on I think.

I'm a part time cleaner ( and aspiring penniless artist ) and I give monthly, too, but perhaps besides the usual reason of basic reluctance with parting with your money is the hesitation of whether this works or not, especially with newcomers? It might take a long time to become apparent that something's changed and it works. But then again, there must be lots of folks who are quite convinced by now, too. Also, fear breeds suspicion and I'm sure a lot of folks feel they've been swindled in the past regarding a cure to their suffering. What do you think?

Regarding money, what about eBay and Etsy etc? People might have stuff to donate and sell for this cause, if they don't have cash.

Are there any other Finns here? I think I've spotted a couple of Finnish names here. I'd like to get in touch and hear your story.

Seppo

besides the usual reason of basic reluctance with parting with your money is the hesitation of whether this works or not, especially with newcomers? It might take a long time to become apparent that something's changed and it works. But then again, there must be lots of folks who are quite convinced by now, too. Also, fear breeds suspicion and I'm sure a lot of folks feel they've been swindled in the past regarding a cure to their suffering. What do you think?

To me, being involved in the spiritual healing world for quite awhile, this truly sums it up in a nutshell for me. It is unbelievable how many so-called 'spiritual healers' or 'spiritual teachers' claim to have 'the answer', and how people are left off worse because of it. Alarm bells always go off when I here of people charging for healing. The guy I studied with, the most prolific healer I know, never charged anyone for healing. He called it absolute evil to do this. (He tended to speak in absolutes!;-) How can you put a price on getting someone out of a wheelchair, healing someone who is blind or deaf? Of course people donated money, clothes, food, etc to him. It's like John says in his first book to paraphrase: 'If you are doing the right thing and sending the right message out, the universe will support you.' One of my favorite books is called 'The Greatest Manifestation Principle' by Carnelian Sage. There is a quote that comes to mind:

"When you live your life from the standpoint of being of benefit or service to others or mankind (instead of selfish interests), or operate from the premise of supporting life and all creation, the universe will respond with ways to benefit and support you." - Carnelian Sage

John and Carla obviously live the first part of this statement very well. It's SO refreshing to see what they're doing in this regard. I can't tell you how rare it is for people to give this way without trying to make a profit off suffering people. And this is the only way it REALLY works!!! I do wonder though, if having an idea that all human life is going to end and 'we're in big trouble here' is more from a fearful place. Not that John and Carla have the fear, of course, because they are living this experiential understanding. But I wonder if it might not block all the abundance Life could provide. All the best, Lex

I got a response regarding my grant application and unfortunately this work falls under their definition of "treatment" and is therefore not eligible for their support. So back to the drawing board!

Let's keep the ideas coming!! smily

By the way Carla, I cannot create comments on other posts in this sub forum. It might be a bug if you didn't mean it that way?

roed_, you should be able to comment by clicking on the Comment link under each post in the topic. To reply to a comment, you have to click Comment on the original post in the topic. If this doesn't solve the problem, please send me a private message or use the chat so we can figure out what's going on.

JaJa, we just found out about a site in Germany that is for fundraising campaigns. They seem really good and their processing rates are lower than the ones in the US. Maybe you guys who live in Germany could get together and set up a fundraising campaign to support The River Ganga Foundation. If you come up with a really good text and good pictures. that could work. https://www.betterplace.org/en

Thanks Carla, I looked at the site. Unfortunately, you can only register and start a campaign there, if you are a non-profit organization that is registered in Germany or Austria.

JaJa, from what I understand, this is not just for non-profits. Anyone can start a campaign to raise funds for a cause.

I tried it again and it doesn't work. It says "Unfortunately, from now on we can only accept projects, which are recognised as tax-deductible in Germany or Austria. These changes are of legal nature"

Thanks for trying, JaJa! Looks like they just changed their policy...

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation