JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Using the Just One Look Method

<<< Back to forum index page

A tip for Meditators

Hi everyone,

I am a breath therapist since 20 years and my work has been to use the breath to connect with and release tension, fear from body/mind from the birth trauma as John speaks about... This led me to include meditation relaxation techniques. All very helpful in releasing fear from the body. My journey always centered around releasing the fear, trauma from abuse etc. I had deep fear of violence. Deep states of meditation brought great peace and a kind of detachment from the 'outside world'. I was with a master Osho for many years and experienced deep devotion and love but frankly never felt I would attain whatever this 'enlightenment" meant. But living in a "Buddhafield" I did have a taste of what a joy and celebration life could be.

.When I first heard John I realized all these labels I was putting on different states, silence, stillness, emptiness etc. were simply me. This simple pronoun changed everything for me. I JUST KNEW I'D KNOWN THIS ALL ALONG. This is the real deal. So I put aside all spiritual books teachings, etc. and concentrated on the looking. The recovery has been arduous at times and all the techniques I've learned I do use to relax the body/mind do help to relieve symptoms etc. and I'm grateful for them, however when you start to notice old reactions, neurotic behaviors etc. are just not there anymore it is amazing and encouraging. I really have the feeling now I engage in my life without fear.

This engagement began with my family who I had put aside quite radically as I pursued my spiritual search. The larger family of humanity doesn't scare me anymore, the compassion, seeing others as me is so true. I see this every day in so many situations.

Well enough for now. I appreciate all the postings, very very helpful.

Love you all,

Maureen

Oh how wonderful for you, Maureen! I'm right behind you!

Simpy Me

Simpy Me

Maureen I

...I realized all these labels I was putting on different states, silence, stillness, emptiness etc. were simply me. This simple pronoun changed everything for me. So I put aside all spiritual books teachings etc. and concentrated on the looking. The recovery has been arduous at times and all the techniques I've learned I do use to relax the body/mind do help to relieve symptoms etc. and I'm grateful for them, however when you start to notice old reactions, neurotic behaviors, etc. are just not there anymore it is amazing and encouraging. I really have the feeling now I engage in my life without fear.

This engagement began with my family who I had put aside quite radically as I pursued my spiritual search. The larger family of humanity doesn't scare me anymore the compassion, seeing others as me is so true. I see this every day in so many situations.

Dear Maureen,

I love what you say here! My first study over 40 years ago was the breath as well--and many other practices followed, and since I so fortunately began the looking about 4 months ago, I have found that I am using all the self-calming techniques that I've learned over these years in the midst of my recovery.

For me, it is sometimes arduous as well, but instead of reacting as I might have in the past with fixes, resistances, repairs--I am able to observe my life in a way I've never been able to do before--probably b/c the observing doesn't arise from my thinking, manifesting mind that wants to change things and make them better out of fear--but from a more simple place of looking at just what is. I love the way you put it: "...all the labels... were simply me."

This has been changing my relationship with my family as well--for me, so many times I see now that my "corrections" of them were reflections of the correction I was always trying to make to my own life. A correction that, made or not, as John says, does not affect me at all.

Thank you again for your sharing.

With love,

Dawn

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation