JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Using the Just One Look Method

<<< Back to forum index page

The Lookers

What we as a group have in common is an interest in the looking. Our interest may be spurred by different desires (mine: to be rid of misery and suffering), but we're interested in looking at ourselves all the same.

My purpose in writing about us as a group is this: first, I was struck this morning with the possibility that we could be like one of those groups which has had an impact or made a mark in history, like the cafe people of the Left Bank, or the Greenwich Village beatniks, or the Hudson Valley artists, etc. My guess is that most of us don't do much joining, and we appreciate the absence of entanglement in being involved with people we can't see or touch or even talk to. Yet we have commonality of interest, and the significance of that interest cannot be overestimated. I mean, let's face it, eradicating misery and suffering in our experience of life or the fear of life that spawns it is a pretty big deal.

Second, by having the sense of community in mind when we post, we can avoid the flattery and self-congratulatory or self-serving comments that may bog us down and turn off those of us who have the tendency to feel excluded. There can be no nucleus to a group like us. We are all so different, and the looking has proved that if nothing else. I would guess that our "leaders" set up the private message format to limit the personal and reduce the chaff.

Third, there seems to be a fair number of people who tune in to the Forum but don't post. I was very reluctant initially. Now you can't shut me up. I promise those of you who were like me that there will be a 10-fold benefit against the risk and trouble of posting "I am here." And if you don't choose to post, there will be equal or greater value in asking, "who is not posting?" (but no value whatsoever in asking, "why do I choose not to post?"). trimpi

Love it.

I feel such a kinship with the 'lookers' it's so nothing special yet real and nourishing. I feel too the kinship with all fellow human beings... reading the reports, sharing in our recovery is a great support. I've noticed too over time that sharing this with others outside of this community is getting easier and more clear, it is happening!..so let's keep up the conversation and also offer a monthly pledge $$ to support expanding this message.

I can confirm now from experience that when people hear this once they will do it, it doesn't take any spiritual background etc. My 14 year old grandaughter is totally enjoying her life as an ado now. She has been 'looking' at herself. She had panic attacks as a small child and to see her so confident and flowing with life and all her experiences is well pretty wonderful.

Thanks for being here everyone,

Maureen

The Lookers

trimpi

What we as a group have in common is an interest in the looking. I was struck this morning with the possibility that we could be like one of those groups which has had an impact or made a mark in history, like the cafe people of the Left Bank, or the Greenwich Village beatniks, or the Hudson Valley artists, etc.

When I first read your words trimpi, I felt the deep connection we all have here in this Forum as The Lookers--as part of "the underground." And I thought of the angel in the movie "Wings of Desire," especially the scenes where he is invisibly helping all of mankind. Is it possible that we are really this group that makes a mark in history by helping mankind make a leap of awareness/consciousness/kindness?

If so, then I can see how infinitely wise my life has been in bringing me here.

With love to all,

Dawn

And P.S. I agree, if you're here reading this, then feel free to chime in. We are all together in this, you are one of us.

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation