JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Using the Just One Look Method

<<< Back to forum index page

Webinar about Expectations

Hi All,

After watching the webinar Expectations, some of the discussion was about disease/illness, and that this does not go once you've done the looking, and that it certainly isn't a tool for healing.

This brought up a few things for me that I now see, so I disagree with this. John and Carla would like me to share with the forum.

Pre-looking 6 years ago, i suffered with depression and anxiety for 30+ years, although I know it is predominantly psychological in nature it also notoriously causes physical symptoms in the body, 2 years into the looking this has left me and has never returned, this has also been the case with a condition I suffered with called fibromyalgia, tendinitis, psoriasis, which is an autoimmune disease, ibs, sciatica, chronic sinus problems, urine infections repeatedly, etc etc the list goes on, all gone, some ailments still remain, but even they are better than they were, and that's okay because my attitude towards health and illness is so much more saner than it ever was, I do what needs to be done in the moment. I have tapered off 4 prescription drugs as I don't need them any more, and am currently coming off my last one and then I'm done (apart from my HRT patch lol)

The way I have come to see it, is that the fear-based negative thoughts affect and may even cause illness/disease to become chronic, the fearful thoughts constantly comment on how terrible this is, how much worse its getting, I can't cope blah blah blah. I think a diseased mind riddled with fear affects our body at a cellular level, how can it not. Looking at it from a scientific point of view, there's plenty of evidence out there that confirms this.. Mind and body are connected.

My point is that once the fear starts to fall away, some illness/disease can disappear, although I agree its not always the case by any means, and that's important to realise, but it is possible!! I think once the looking is done the possibilities are endless... Any way guys this is only my experience and every one is different

love and best wishes

Yvonne

xx

I agree! I've had many physical ailments fall away in the last seven years, especially anxiety and depression related ailments that you talk about. The biggest thing is that I stopped being hyper focused on my health, mental and physical, and this allowed many things to naturally clear up. The uncovered intelligence of the body/mind also allows for better lifestyle choices that change health profile over the long run.

Always great to hear about body/mind health benefits that you attribute to this practice. We aren't immune to health issues and deterioration due to ageing ,or death. But as both your experiences point out, improvements can be noticed in the quality of life. For me just out of the blue I decided to do a 3 week excercise routine. I had been thinking about it, but one day I just got up, started, and continued. I've also just recontinued with the self directed attention excercise as well as started preparing for upcoming work. I'm not the most efficient in getting things done and I do backslide but i also do appreciate the bits of progress that occur in my life. For me this practice allows me to do more than just coping.

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation