JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Using the Just One Look Method

<<< Back to forum index page

The End of Seeking but seeking tendencies and obsessions have momentum!

Hi everyone,

Since the looking took hold, every time that seeking arises , I remind myself that for seeking to have any point I must be seeking something that isn't me. For example awareness, peace, bliss,love and so on. I am here and there is no need to seek me as I am always here to be found by a slight and subtle focus of my attention. When this is seen seeking just melts away as it is seen as futile and old spiritual behavior.

Like everything such habits have their momentum and it is not for me to stop them as I cannot do so anyhow. What I can do is notice that they are futile and distracting which in turn makes them lose much of their purpose as they start to lack my faith and interest.

Obsessions with other things still come up for me but I remember that I have no say in that. I just look at me and take my medicine. I have tried managing the content of my life, rejecting the bad;bringing home and holding on to the good. It is pointless.

The great thing about this direct method is that it takes all of that out of my hands. The need to change the bad and make the good stay is a response to the fear of life and cannot be controlled by the fear of life's tool-kit.

How liberating to know that 1) The above responses are not the problem but only that big lie which they serve (i.e that they can harm me), 2) that mingling with them is not part of the treatment and 3) that even the attempt to interfere with such psychological responses is not something I need to mingle with.

Natural non-intentional surrender for lack of a better (not too spiritually tinged )term is what this feels like.

Thank you both John and Carla.

Love and Light,

Daniel

I am always here

Thank you Daniel for sharing that, it confirms a lot for me, and is a good reminder 'not to mingle', as you put it so well, and just look at me.

Wouter

Thanks for your report Danial. I certainly can relate to the automated thinking and feeling habits that arise on occasion, though their impact is minimal now compared to a couple of years ago. It's like being treated for a disease that has been cured. Reading this helped me to realize that some of my old desperate seeking habits are morphing into natural curiosity. I re-read a bunch of Emerson's writings recently for a literature class and the experience was interesting and wondrous without the old desperate need to "get it". Thanks again for you input.

Much Love

Mike

Thank You for an Almost Seamless Report

Daniel,

It wasn't only the content that spoke to me, but the way you described this transformation process. It sounded to me as though it came directly from your experience without having first passed through any censorship or confusion of the mind. I will look for more of your reports.

BTW, do you speak Hebrew? I would like to work on translating some of the things on the web site into Hebrew and am looking for someone to work with me on it.

Nancy

Daniel Avital

Hi everyone,

Since the looking took hold, every time that seeking arises , I remind myself that for seeking to have any point I must be seeking something that isn't me. For example awareness, peace, bliss,love and so on. I am here and there is no need to seek me as I am always here to be found by a slight and subtle focus of my attention. When this is seen seeking just melts away as it is seen as futile and old spiritual behavior.

Like everything such habits have their momentum and it is not for me to stop them as I cannot do so anyhow. What I can do is notice that they are futile and distracting which in turn makes them lose much of their purpose as they start to lack my faith and interest.

Obsessions with other things still come up for me but I remember that I have no say in that. I just look at me and take my medicine. I have tried managing the content of my life, rejecting the bad;bringing home and holding on to the good. It is pointless.

The great thing about this direct method is that it takes all of that out of my hands. The need to change the bad and make the good stay is a response to the fear of life and cannot be controlled by the fear of life's tool-kit.

How liberating to know that 1) The above responses are not the problem but only that big lie which they serve (i.e that they can harm me), 2) that mingling with them is not part of the treatment and 3) that even the attempt to interfere with such psychological responses is not something I need to mingle with.

Natural non-intentional surrender for lack of a better (not too spiritually tinged )term is what this feels like.

Thank you both John and Carla.

Love and Light,

Daniel

Dear Nancy

Hi Nancy,

I am half-Israeli but hardly speak any Hebrew as I grew up with my English mother.

Thanks for your efforts to spread this simple message.

Love,

Daniel

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation