JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Grassroots

<<< Back to forum index page

Enjoying the book "Look At Yourself"

Just a quick note to say I received "Look At Yourself" the other day (from an online book seller). I'm enjoying it immensely, and really appreciate the honest, open and "right in the open" approach John takes in explaining the practice and answering people's questions. Although most of the information necessary is on the Internet (free), I still enjoy reading books "old school" style.

I've been on "the path" for about 20 years, and let's just say through a variety of groups/teachings. When I found this simple message (around 6 months ago), I knew instantly it was something that would help lots of seekers by virtue of its simplicity and ease.

I also find it quite amazing that this manifestation (and a few others) has come at this time, and largely thanks to the Internet (I wouldn't have even known about this particular approach if it weren't for a podcast and newsletter).

Kind Regards,

Dean

Sydney, Australia.

Another book?

Hi John and Carla,

Just following on from the topic of your book "Look At Yourself", I was wondering if there was any interest in printing another book with perhaps the transcripts of a more recent Retreat for example. I'm the sort of person who likes reading, and really got a lot from the 2007 transcripts in "Look At Yourself". I've noticed some of the terminology and focus has changed a bit (e.g. Use of the word "inquiry" in 2007, but rarely now), and feel there could be value in printing another more recent retreat. Of course there may be no interest in this, but it's just an idea I feel could be worth considering.

Dean

New ebook

deanp

Hi John and Carla,

Just following on from the topic of your book "Look At Yourself", I was wondering if there was any interest in printing another book with perhaps the transcripts of a more recent Retreat for example. I'm the sort of person who likes reading, and really got a lot from the 2007 transcripts in "Look At Yourself". I've noticed some of the terminology and focus has changed a bit (e.g. Use of the word "inquiry" in 2007, but rarely now), and feel there could be value in printing another more recent retreat. Of course there may be no interest in this, but it's just an idea I feel could be worth considering.

Dean.

John and Carla,

If you have a retreat in mind, and if someone else would volunteer to transcribe it,I am available to edit it. Lera

deanp

Hi John and Carla,

Dean

Dear Dean,

We are really happy you enjoyed the book. I agree that reading a book is a completely different experience, so we do our best to have that option available. We are actually working on a new book based on the transcriptions of the 2010 and 2011 retreats, plus some other material. We are hoping to have it ready to be published (ebook and paperback) before the end of the year.

Thanks for your interest!

Love,

Carla

lerajane

John and Carla,

If you have a retreat in mind, and if someone else would volunteer to transcribe it, I am available to edit it. Lera

Dear Lera Jane,

We are working on a new book based on the transcriptions of the 2010 and 2011 retreats, plus some other material.

We are hoping to have it ready to be published (ebook and paperback) by the end of the year.

I'll let you know when we have a first draft ready. We will be delighted to have your comments and suggestions.

Thanks for offering your help!

Carla

Carla Sherman

Dear Dean,

We are really happy you enjoyed the book. I agree that reading a book is a completely different experience, so we do our best to have that option available. We are actually working on a new book based on the transcriptions of the 2010 and 2011 retreats, plus some other material. We are hoping to have it ready to be published (ebook and paperback) before the end of the year.

Thanks for your interest!

Love,

Carla

Thanks Carla and John, that's wonderful news! I really enjoy the podcasts, though I guess some people like myself enjoy sitting down and pondering over written words also, much like a meditation, which makes paper books a real treat. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Best regards,

Dean

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation