JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Grassroots

<<< Back to forum index page

Message in an email signature

Someone sent us a message recently to let us know what she's doing to help get the word out about our work. We thought it was a great idea and wanted to share it with you. Here's what she wrote:

As a means of spreading your simple and message, I added it as a signature in my email:

What does it feel like to be me, always here, always the same?

John Sherman

www.justonelook.org

Or on the memo line of your checks, you can write the words: Look at me. It may probably be the case that as someone has ALREADY looked, then just these words "look at me" trigger the already ongoing observation that for some unknown reason that life is in just a word--swell. John and Carla's suggestion to Look at Me is a sufficient greeting. Other than that I want to encourage donations of any amount to continue this greeting.

"Look at me" is the lyric of a a well known jazz standard. Maybe that can trigger something.

mischa g

"Look at Me" is the lyric of a a well known jazz standard. May that can trigger something.

As a kitten up a tree? Just was playing that on one of my gigs a couple of weeks ago. Still a very popular standard.

Not so sure about the message "I'm as HELPLESS as a kitten up a tree..."

I guess that's the fear of taking that first look.

jazzrascal

Not so sure about the message "I'm as HELPLESS as a kitten up a tree..."

I guess Erroll Garner and Johnny Burke weren't seekers.

I may just be starting a 'revolution' in the NYC jazz community as I start to share JOL"¦ Having less thoughts racing around the mind in general is, in my experience, paramount to letting the music flow through - especially while improvising. Equal to that, I think it brings more confidence overall. And no worries of becoming addicted to substances to do all this" Although I'm probably addicted to SDA now!

Just remembered a funny jazz quote from a Simpsons episode. "Nobody likes jazz THAT much, even the guys playing it had to take drugs."

We gotta change the way society is viewing us jazzrascal!

Maybe an advertisement for jazz musicians for JOL would be: "Get 'into the Zone' with JOL. All natural and no side-effects. Act now!!!"

Great idea, Lex!!!! Maybe we'll come to NYC for a meeting one of these days... We have never had meetings on the East Coast. We only went as far as Chicago.

Ljazztrm

Just remembered a funny jazz quote from a Simpsons episode. "Nobody likes jazz THAT much, even the guys playing it had to take drugs."

We gotta change the way society is viewing us jazzrascal!

Maybe an advertisement for jazz musicians for JOL would be: "Get 'into the Zone' with JOL. All natural and no side-effects. Act now!!!"

I knew there was a reason I've never been a Simpsons fan!

I love that motto. Get into the Zone with JOL! Seriously though, it's great that you're spreading the word in NYC. I'm sure a lot of the cats I used to know would be into it. And if John and Carla go there, that would be a total gas!

The message that hits home is "focused attention". If your hitting it on the bandstand just say "I'm practicing focused attention"! That's what I say. As far as zones go, you can zone in or zone out!!!!

As far as Erroll Garner and Johnny Burke go... That combination of poetry set to music is perfection.

"Great idea, Lex!!!! Maybe we'll come to NYC for a meeting one of these days... We have never had meetings on the East Coast. We only went as far as Chicago."

That would be great Carla! Depending on my own, and others, experiences dropping the 'soldiers of fear' with the SDA, maybe they'll be enough people interested and we could rent out a room at the Edgar Cayce Center on W 27th St.

mischa g

The message that hits home is "focused attention". If your hitting it on the bandstand just say "I'm practicing focused attention"! That's what I say. As far as zones go, you can zone in or zone out!!!!

I didn't realize you were a jazz musician as well mischag! JR emailed me and sent me some of your stuff. Great playing man. Three active JOL forum members are jazz musicians. Wow! That's pretty cool.

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation