JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Recovery and Rehabilitation

<<< Back to forum index page

Herbs

I've been experimenting with herbs for some time now and I would like to share some info with you guys, especially with those who struggle hard with anxiety and depression.

There is a class of herbs that are called Adaptogens. They are very mild and non-toxing and generally can be taken daily for an indefinite amount time without side-effects.

Adaptogens have a normalizing (balancing) effect on body functions especially on the nervous system and act as tonics. Some of of those plants, besides energizing the body, have anxiolytic (fear-dissolving) properties. So maybe someone find that they are helpful during the recovery, for me they are!

Here are some examples (actually there are around 20 generally accepted plants in this cathegory):

Schisandra (seed)

Reishi (mushroom)

Rhodiola rosea (root)

Eleutherococcus (root)

Rhaponticum (root)

Gynostemma (leaves)

Ashwagandha (root)

Maybe it's helpful to any of you.

Peace

I second that, and add:

Moringa (typically ground leaf powder) - helps me for sleep, focus and concentration

Maca (ground root powder) - general stimulant, more sexual energy

Milk thistle (plant extracts) - liver protectant

I drink Yerba mate. It also seems to have these effects.

Yes yes and yes! Good discussion. I take herbs for anxiety, irritability, and just overall health. If you are able to and enjoy running around in the forest you can find lots of reishi (at least in Oregon you can). I wild crafted and made a bunch of tincture last year... good stuff. I usually take Chinese formulas. Xiao Yao Wan is generally good for depression irritability and stress. You can usually find it at a Chinese medicine store or find a good herbalist who can prescribe a formula suited to each individuals needs.

ngregers

If you are able to and enjoy running around in the forest you can find lots of reishi (at least in Oregon you can). I wild crafted and made a bunch of tincture last year... good stuff.

Oh you are really fortunate, as far as I can tell we don't have Reishi growing in the forests here so I started growing them myself.

Reishi is really a great something. It brings me back to a sense of calm clarity of the mind. I guess that's why it has been used traditionally to enhance meditation.

And yes the chinese have a very interesting way of blending and using herbs, it's a real inspiration.

When you make tinctures make sure you make a double extraction with alcohol and water and then mix them together to get the full spectrum of active ingredients.

peace

Have you tried all of these herbs? I cannot find Reishi mushroom, naturally, in the UK (suprise, suprise)... Can you recommend one of the others, in capsule form? Which might be cheapest?

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation