JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Using the Just One Look Method

<<< Back to forum index page

Fantastic podcast, and the way forward

This is a fantastic podcast, and I feel it touches upon most of the major points (January 16, 2013).

Also, I would like to commend John on his departure from the "recovery period" hypothesis of the outcome of the looking. it is refreshing to see someone refine their views in light of new evidence.

It is is my personal opinion, based only on a feeling, that this work needs to be unshackled from the burden of untested wisdom teachings and religious thinking. all those are fine on their own, but do not belong with the looking, and I think John has been doing an excellent job of clearing that up.

interestingly, I believe that Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) or similar methods are effective tools invented to treat maladaptive thinking etc. im not very familiar with it, but at the risk of oversimplifying it, This is where one challenges their negative or harmfully held beliefs when they come up by use of affirmations etc. "I am bright and full of life" when "I am stupid" is recognized as coming up, while seeing that "I am stupid" is not necessarily true. I recently learned in a conversation that the understanding exists that the key to CBT is not the affirmation itself but the MOVEMENT OF ATTENTION brought on by the affirmation that provides a target to move the attention to.

It is clear to me that the looking is a UNIVERSAL form of CBT or such methods(an all inclusive form), a MASTER MOVEMENT of attention which does not require the use of language at all. unfortunately with CBT or similar it is clear that the affirmations are dependent of skillful use of language "inside ones head" so to speak. the looking gets to the heart and directly deals with the movement of attention to ME. this is communicable in any language.

what would help is if some phd student in psychology as a research project would be willing to setup a double blind study using the looking as the method. the downside might be that most such researches do not last more than 3-5 years and might not be enough time for measurable results in psychology to shine through.

as for the way forward, I think we owe it to this insight to talk about it as plainly and realistically as possible, and only from our own experience. Self reliance is the foundation of honest communication about this. in my case, it would mean that the outcome of looking has been that I have become more self reliant,and this is a gift worth its weight in gold smily

It is clear to me that the looking is a UNIVERSAL form of CBT or such methods(an all inclusive form), a MASTER MOVEMENT of attention which does not require the use of language at all. unfortunately with CBT or similar it is clear that the affirmations are dependent of skillful use of language "inside ones head" so to speak. the looking gets to the heart and directly deals with the movement of attention to ME. this is communicable in any language.

What would help is if some phd student in psychology as a research project would be willing to setup a double blind study using the looking as the method. the downside might be that most such researches do not last more than 3-5 years and might not be enough time for measurable results in psychology to shine through.

There are some exciting developments on the way. Stay tuned.

love,

John

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation