JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Using the Just One Look Method

<<< Back to forum index page

Question: Transformation of Selfish & Destructive Behaviours

John,

I've noticed in some of your earlier writings that you indicate the main effect of the fear of life vanishing is that the feeling that there's something wrong with your life vanishes. In some ways, your early writings give the impression that this is the only effect of the practice of looking at the feeling of you.

I've also noticed that more recently, you identify that all kinds of dysfunctional behaviour disappear as well. You've suggested that the fear of life is the root cause of many, if not most, of the problems in our world. It seems then that looking rids us of a lot of harmful ways of acting, by removing the fear at the base of them.

Can you comment on this a bit more? Specifically, I am wondering: to what extent are harmful and selfish behaviours ended by the act of looking, and to what extent is it that you no longer see your own "negative" human behaviours as something that is a problem, and accept them as part of your humanness?

Craig

John,

I've noticed in some of your earlier writings that you indicate the main effect of the fear of life vanishing is that the feeling that there's something wrong with your life vanishes. In some ways, your early writings give the impression that this is the only effect of the practice of looking at the feeling of you.

I've also noticed that more recently, you identify that all kinds of dysfunctional behaviour disappear as well. You've suggested that the fear of life is the root cause of many, if not most, of the problems in our world. It seems then that looking rids us of a lot of harmful ways of acting, by removing the fear at the base of them.

Can you comment on this a bit more? Specifically, I am wondering: to what extent are harmful and selfish behaviours ended by the act of looking, and to what extent is it that you no longer see your own "negative" human behaviours as something that is a problem, and accept them as part of your humanness?

Dear Craig,

I read your posting and responded to it during our Open House on April 17, 2013.

Please let me know if more is needed.

John

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation