JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Using the Just One Look Method

<<< Back to forum index page

Holes in my logic?

Hello John,

In trying to find a title to this post, as the post was forming in my head ...I followed a rabbit trail. The trail started out with the question: How does our (my) innate intelligence work? Can my title come from that place? If it can ...the readers of this post will see the truth, read the post, and see how an ordinary human being like myself/themselves can look at the me-ness of me ...read... just one look changes everything! And realize if I can do it, well hell, freedom for all is a done deal! At this point I am fairly sure you are laughing inside your own head at my naiveness. Be that as it may, I ran into a link plato.stanford.edu/entries/holes. If you feel like reading that page, it describes how these people are trying to increase the public awareness of their site using the word hole. I found the idea interesting. I'm just passing it along.

So now here is the post that was forming in my head before I followed Alice down the rabbit hole cobbled together from random thoughts or my every day mind. Blah, blah, blah.

What self reliance means to me 1) I have the power to move my attention away from negative thought forms to my breathe.

2) I have the innate intelligence to know when this "action" is needed.

3) I know all of this is thought.

4)I recognize this

5) I can trust (myself) or these thoughts that taste like truth. Latest example of this for me. Be kind. Another example of this from my earlier days of looking, when doubts would feel overwhelming, if all of what John is saying is nonsense that I am swallowing like the proverbial kool-aid then I'm no worse off (and its free) but if what he is saying is true ...well, all that is working outside of my conscience awareness right this minute! just so you know, sometime this thought was of little comfort but sometime it felt like a balm to the raw experience of my thinking mind!

So here I am, three months short of 3yrs looking at me.

Still trying to figure things out! Trying to tell myself (and now believing myself? filling in the holes in my logic with the actual experience of living my life? knowing that understanding in the usual sense doesn't work, faith ...god, for awhile I thought that faith was what I needed to fill that hole but I wanted nothing to do with that but on first glance that's what I thought was the case. Turns out freedom feels like nothing I ever expected. I have an active imagination and didn't even know it. Just one of the things I didn't know that I didn't know! Almost 3 yrs into this, all this time, all these thoughts, effort/frustration/cursing John, I guess it took all of that! Ha! I would be the person promoting using the F word at least a million times a day as the TRUE way, This, my ignorant friends, will set you free!!!! Ha! Seriously, this is all I'm saying, that being free from everything I just typed means JUST what being free, feeling free is all about. I am free to think, feel, live my life, just like the post I got from a friend on facebook, live so fully that Westboro Baptist Church would Picket your funeral. (I knew my joining facebook would come in handy one day!) It seems that the fear of life John talks about ruins things (life) without me understanding all the details, the absence of the fear of life sweetness life without me understanding all the details, all of that is fine by me.

John, the other title that was kicking around in my head was truthbearers. I like the sound of that. I lack the confidence to use it without uncontrollable laughter, perhaps I'm telling the truth, perhaps I'm not. But it's my story and I'm sticking to it! Mark Twain says, "If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything" (sounds like I'm providing proof of my lying). Either I'm sane or I'm not. Today, right this minute, I'm sitting out on my patio. We are having a beautiful day here in Texas, unusually pleasant for this time of year and my worries about the state of my mind are different. I'm just writing this, trying to be helpful, in my own way. The only way I can be and the only way I truly want to be (my grammar skills being the exception to this! Ha!)

Anyone reading this? John? Carla? You the reader? Feel free to respond and correct me of any errors you see in my simplistic view of things.

Ok. That's it!

Love to you all.

P.S. Posting can be cathartic!

Holes

LaQuita

Hello John,

In trying to find a title to this post, as the post was forming in my head ...I followed a rabbit trail. The trail started out with the question: How does our (my) innate intelligence work? Can my title come from that place? If it can ...the readers of this post will see the truth, read the post, and see how an ordinary human being like myself/themselves can look at the me-ness of me ...read... just one look changes everything! And realize if I can do it, well hell, freedom for all is a done deal! At this point I am fairly sure you are laughing inside your own head at my naiveness. Be that as it may, I ran into a link plato.stanford.edu/entries/holes. If you feel like reading that page, it describes how these people are trying to increase the public awareness of their site using the word hole. I found the idea interesting. I'm just passing it along.

So now here is the post that was forming in my head before I followed Alice down the rabbit hole cobbled together from random thoughts or my every day mind. Blah, blah, blah.

What self reliance means to me 1) I have the power to move my attention away from negative thought forms to my breathe.

2) I have the innate intelligence to know when this "action" is needed.

3) I know all of this is thought.

4)I recognize this

5) I can trust (myself) or these thoughts that taste like truth. Latest example of this for me. Be kind. Another example of this from my earlier days of looking, when doubts would feel overwhelming, if all of what John is saying is nonsense that I am swallowing like the proverbial kool-aid then I'm no worse off (and its free) but if what he is saying is true ...well, all that is working outside of my conscience awareness right this minute! just so you know, sometime this thought was of little comfort but sometime it felt like a balm to the raw experience of my thinking mind!

So here I am, three months short of 3yrs looking at me.

Still trying to figure things out! Trying to tell myself (and now believing myself? filling in the holes in my logic with the actual experience of living my life? knowing that understanding in the usual sense doesn't work, faith ...god, for awhile I thought that faith was what I needed to fill that hole but I wanted nothing to do with that but on first glance that's what I thought was the case. Turns out freedom feels like nothing I ever expected. I have an active imagination and didn't even know it. Just one of the things I didn't know that I didn't know! Almost 3 yrs into this, all this time, all these thoughts, effort/frustration/cursing John, I guess it took all of that! Ha! I would be the person promoting using the F word at least a million times a day as the TRUE way, This, my ignorant friends, will set you free!!!! Ha! Seriously, this is all I'm saying, that being free from everything I just typed means JUST what being free, feeling free is all about. I am free to think, feel, live my life, just like the post I got from a friend on facebook, live so fully that Westboro Baptist Church would Picket your funeral. (I knew my joining facebook would come in handy one day!) It seems that the fear of life John talks about ruins things (life) without me understanding all the details, the absence of the fear of life sweetness life without me understanding all the details, all of that is fine by me.

John, the other title that was kicking around in my head was truthbearers. I like the sound of that. I lack the confidence to use it without uncontrollable laughter, perhaps I'm telling the truth, perhaps I'm not. But it's my story and I'm sticking to it! Mark Twain says, "If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything" (sounds like I'm providing proof of my lying). Either I'm sane or I'm not. Today, right this minute, I'm sitting out on my patio. We are having a beautiful day here in Texas, unusually pleasant for this time of year and my worries about the state of my mind are different. I'm just writing this, trying to be helpful, in my own way. The only way I can be and the only way I truly want to be (my grammar skills being the exception to this! Ha!)

Anyone reading this? John? Carla? You the reader? Feel free to respond and correct me of any errors you see in my simplistic view of things.

Ok. That's it!

Love to you all.

P.S. Posting can be cathartic!

I don't have much to say LaQuita, I just really like what you have to say and also the energy behind your post. I feel your freedom, for lack of a better way to say it.

I am going through a stressful period, but it doesn't feel so bad.....I guess I am able to turn my attention to more positive things, away from the negative as you suggest. So much negative stuff has fallen away in my life, it's astounding, yet I find myself wanting something else. Not sure what? Anyway, your post speaks to that something else.....the satisfaction of self reliance perhaps?

Thanks!

Jack

cheers bro

cheers bro

LaQuita

Anyone reading this ...John? Carla? you the reader? ...feel free to respond and correct me of any errors you see in my simplistic view of things

such an enjoyable post to read. errors or correctness just aint it's deal! weeeeeeeeeeee. happy, happy to know you're there, that i'm here and the rest are doing what their doing.

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation