JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Using the Just One Look Method

<<< Back to forum index page

I've been questioning my beliefs and looking at myself...

I've been questioning my beliefs and looking at myself and doing all I can as the journey to truth demands. I know I'm going for the truth and I know I can't stop even if I wanted to.

As I understand it, there comes a time when the divine or God or truth or whatever you want to call it sort of breaks into consciousness and there is a period of unsettling where the void becomes my center, instead of the ego, and that voids remains there for a while (I read it was a few months) until all remaining energies have been fully submitted to the void or released or let go of or whatever. Then after that, the divine reveals itself and we discover that the void was none other than the divine and it was as if our eyes were adjusting to a blinding light or something of the sort, and that's when the unitive state becomes established permanently.

I feel great fear and reluctance when I think of that void phase because I read it was a difficult and trying phase that will stretch the human being to the limits. I know ultimately I can only surrender to that and let it happen and that I don't really have much of a choice in the matter, but I guess I'm still looking for some sort of reassurance.

I had read about that in books by Bernadette Roberts, but only yesterday I read a small piece by Adyashanti where he talks about that void phase, but he actually says he wasn't afraid of it at all and in fact was very excited through the whole thing. I'd love to know your experience in relation to this and whether there's anything I can do to make it easier or more pleasant.

Part of me can hear you saying I've got to just keep looking at myself and let all those idiosyncratic color of the car things deal with themselves, but I figured I'd talk to you about it anyway because it scares me.

Thanks a lot for everything.

A.K.

I read this post and talked about it at the Worldwide Online Meeting on Saturday, February 12, 2011. You can listen to the entire meeting in our odcast. Please let me know if more is needed.

In love,

John

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation