JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Using the Just One Look Method

<<< Back to forum index page

I attended your five-day online intensive...

Hi John,

I attended your five day online intensive and during that time I got a conscious and knowing glimpse of "me". All it takes is one knowing look and then you know what you are. That one knowing glimpse is all it takes because seeing it is knowing it.

It is utterly understandable how and why a person will ignore their true nature because it is completely neutral and silent. You see how it has always been there within the fabric of perceptions, thoughts and feelings but it is the perceptions, thoughts and feelings that are the focus of the attention because they jump up and down saying, "look at me, look at me!" What you are does not do that. It doesn't do anything but watch.

It is always looking over your shoulder as you effortfully look for yourself. The self is not an experience. That is what I now understand. I also now see that in doing the practice I was getting glimpses and I didn't even realize it. Not only can it be very brief but it can be completely inconspicuous which is not to say "undetectable".

The looking is now less effortful and certainly less urgent than before. There is also a great sense of relief but I'm not quite certain what exactly I'm relieved about. I'm just relieved.

Thanks a million to you and Carla for those five days which seem to have made a difference.

R.

I read this post and talked about it at the Worldwide Meeting on May 7, 2011.

You can listen to the entire recording in our podcast. Please let me know if more is needed.

In love,

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation