JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Using the Just One Look Method

<<< Back to forum index page

Starting to Look

Hello,

I am new to self inquiry. I first heard about self inquiry reading about Robert Adams, which led to Ramana Maharshi. Since then I've also been reading/listening to Mooji. Now by some coincidence I came upon your blog last week and I find myself really drawn to the simplicity and directness of your method of self inquiry. I've been trying my best to try it whenever i can throughout the day and in my meditations. For so long I've assumed I was this body, my brain, my past and I'm finding it really hard to get past this belief.

When I'm doing the inquiry I seem to look in two different places. First I see how it feels to be me and that leads me to around the heart area where my emotions are felt and just try to feel. After a bit I move to the I thought and seem to look for myself in my thoughts or brain. I know you said there is no wrong way to do it, but i feel like i'm totally doing it wrong. Sometimes I just say out-loud...Who Am I and just sit and be silent. So far nothing, but i'm hoping like you say.....something is happening in the background. I do seem to have developed a passion for self inquiry all of sudden.

Any help or guidance you could give would be appreciated. Also i just bought your ebook Look at Yourself from Amazon and am currently reading that to hopefully clear up any confusion.

Thank you for all you do.

Welcome timkunedo,

It is completely understandable that you would think that what we do here has something to do with the self-inquiry of Ramana Maharshi and other spiritual masters, but it does not, and you will be much better off if you just put that idea aside for the time being.

There is much to read in our forums and our website to give you some support with this matter.

As time passes you may come to see the actual relationship between what we do and the ancient practice of self-inquiry but, for now, you would be better off working directly with the looking and its effects. Try to ignore any ideas about possible similarities with what has come before. There is no need to attend to those thoughts. Ignoring them can't hurt you, and you can always go back to them whenever you choose to do so.

Let me know how you are doing.

John

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation