JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Using the Just One Look Method

<<< Back to forum index page

Something new or old or both

Hi Everyone

I have been wondering about whether the looking results in the addition of something new or the subtraction of something old. I think what John has been saying is that the looking results in the removal of something but my experience seems to suggest that there is a change in perspective that feels like a new lens that is much wider, and less contracted and vigilant towards life and that feels new to me. Maybe what John is saying is that the looking results in the uncovering of what has always been there and therefore nothing "new" even though it might feel new. While I find this a little puzzling... I know it doesn't really matter... regardless of the answer... I am still here.

I wonder, though, if any of you feel like the looking has resulted in the arrival of something new or the departure of something old or maybe both at the same time.

Thanks again to everyone.

Paul

Something new or old or both

Paul Freedman

Maybe what John is saying is that the looking results in the uncovering of what has always been there and therefore nothing "new" even though it might feel new. While I find this a little puzzling...I know it doesn't really matter... regardless of the answer... I am still here.

Well said. This has been my experience. I am just here. Nothing else can be said. There is no new quality of me arising since I have no qualities. However, we may notice less contraction in our body and less outward focusing vigilance towards life as a result of our recovery from the fear of life. So yes, changes in the life and responses of the apparatus toward life, do happen. (I have found my life just seems to get easier.) Lera Jane

Reassuring

Hi Lera Jane

Thanks for your response. This forum is very cool. It is so reassuring to hear how other people's experiences can mirror one's own. It is nice to not feel like one is always waiting for an incoming missile. Thanks again Lera Jane... Kep well.

Paul

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation