JUST ONE LOOK
the purpose of our work is to rid humanity of the fear of life, one person at a time
Just One Look Method Testimonials Getting Help Blog & Podcast Articles Forum Donate Newsletter Books Videos International
Download the free PDF ebook: The Just One Look Method  (314 Kb)
Die Nur-ein-Blick-Methode (439 Kb)
Il Metodo Just One Look (333 Kb)
МЕТОД «ТОЛЬКО ОДИН ВЗГЛЯД» (699 Kb)

Just One Look Forum Archives

Using the Just One Look Method

<<< Back to forum index page

A definite report

Hello, everybody.

Today I'd like to make a statement of joy here. For nearly 2 years I've been trying to accomplish the act that John suggests all of us to do. During all of that time I tried methods that produced in me different kind of lasting states of peace. Each time I moved on to the next approach to the looking I thought I've got it. The fear of life was snuffed out again and again. I made false reports of success on a spiritual forum. And yet I aways returned to misery and despair. But I couldn't stop.

A few weeks ago I spontaneously tried it once again. I remembered a moment from my childhood. I saw that today I am the same. I became curious of this little strange fact. I didn't believe anything already. I knew nothing will save me from Hell. I was just interested in it. So I tried this looking at this feeling of me being me a few times more. And something changed. Something I couldn't even imagine. That's why I say that this report is definite. Problems dissappeared. The war is still on but it is not about me. The simple everyday life is a marvel. There is no desire for anything to be any different than it is. When pleasurable things go away there is no desire to hold onto them. Spirituality is just spirituality. You can be spiritual. You can be non-spiritual. Life is just life.

All I want today is to share this, to give it to other people. This is... salvation, the promised land. All I want is for humanity to be happy and sane.

John, my big hug to you.

You saved my life.

A definite report

ElDuderino

The war is still on but it is not about me.

Beautiful! This says so much! Thanks for the report. Lera Jane

Hey ElDuderino,

You found yourself! It warms my heart, what a blessing, and thanks for sharing!

Jenny

promised land caution

Dear Nick the Dude,

I am extremely happy to hear your success and joy. I relate completely with your history of thinking that you had it and then losing it and then being free and then being in chains again. As heart-wrenching as that melodrama is, I think it's actually very common among us folk. People are so eager to be free that they tend to get excited and prematurely proclaim a new state of being or a newfound peace or triumph. But it just doesn't work that way, sadly. Having been through this, I see more clearly the difference between how people would like to believe things are, and how they actually are.

Which leads me to my warning:

Despite how skeptical I like to be, I still want to try to offer help. Although I wish very much that this current hope and love stays with you, I think it very likely that it will wane again. But nevertheless you shouldn't lose heart even if you do fall into familiar slumps again, because from what I've been hearing you saying across the forums, I am very much convinced that you have successfully looked at yourself. Which is to say that, if there is any fruit whatsoever to be reaped from John's promise, you are guaranteed to get it.

I cannot promise that this whole business really will save us. Few have more doubts than I. But I can reassure you that, if it does work, you're on a one-way train to awesomeness. At this point, you couldn't reverse it if you wanted to.

I hope to hear more as your journey progresses.

Hi again, gerrit.

I'm glad to hear from you. Apparently my report was written in a state of high spirits. Promised land - that sounds a bit cheesy. It was all really bright and happy. But as I said before the war is still on. Today I've experienced a lot of negativity. Fear, anxiety, guilt, you name it. But the trick is... I don't care that much. And that's what the looking does to you. You become self-reliant and self-respectful. My neurosis is still my life. And I only live my own life. And I respect that. Everything is fine.

The recovery process which is very often discussed here seems to me not to be that relevant really.

P.S. I don't really think that the looking will save humanity. But it will surely save a lot of lives.

P.P.S. I'm really open to the possibility that everything above is just another illusion of mine (although I don't really see it now).

P.P.P.S. It's weird but the looking is somehow alike to smoking. It's an act that you can't fail to do that makes you feel better and respect yourself more. That's fun when you think about that.

Looking as smoking

Dear Nick,

I'm really delighted to hear from you too, and although you report negativity lately (which I am so goddamn familiar with) you nevertheless sound like you're in a good place, which I'm happy about.

Of all the likely analogies, I wouldn't have thought of smoking. But right on.

I don't think self-reliance or self-respect have come my way much yet, but I'm hanging in there.

Good waves,

Gerrit

Still smoking

The war is still on but it is not about me.

My neurosis is still my life. And I only live my own life.

Dear Nick,

I love these two expressions that you shared. Two days ago, as I was driving, I was listening to Lerajane and another fellow talk about the looking -- and the words they used opened a wide path in my mind and then BINGO! I was looking so calmly, so relaxed out of my eyes that it was as if I had been looking out of them that way for a million years.

I still have to use my awareness to shift there, I am not aware of being present there continually yet ... but something I realized about all this struggle to get to this point -- is how extremely angry I've felt about not being there, about wanting to be there, trying to be there, and about others' descriptions of being there, (I often imagined that they were making it all up, living in La La land). This all began happening when I first realized that there was a "there there" and I wasn't living it, I didn't "have" it -- I didn't want to admit it then, but I was really angry about not being able to grok it! I mean really, really angry. And that anger raged inside of me and would not burn out, would not let me go. Thank god.

So now I say: Let it burn, I'll watch.

With love,

Dawn

Directcontact

The wa13r is still on but it is not about me.

My neurosis is still my life. And I only live my own life.

Dear Nick,

I love these two expressions that you shared. Two days ago, as I was driving, I was listening to Lerajane and another fellow talk about the looking -- and the words they used opened a wide path in my mind and then BINGO! I was looking so calmly, so relaxed out of my eyes that it was as if I had been looking out of them that way for a million years.

I still have to use my awareness to shift there, I am not aware of being present there continually yet ... but something I realized about all this struggle to get to this point -- is how extremely angry I've felt about not being there, about wanting to be there, trying to be there, and about others' descriptions of being there, (I often imagined that they were making it all up, living in La La land). This all began happening when I first realized that there was a "there there" and I wasn't living it, I didn't "have" it -- I didn't want to admit it then, but I was really angry about not being able to grok it! I mean really, really angry. And that anger raged inside of me and would not burn out, would not let me go. Thank god.

So now I say: Let it burn, I'll watch.

With love,

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

A+

Don

:-)

smily

Hi Don,

It's so good to hear your wonderful voice ... you always make me smile! -- and thank you for the A+. This is one I will cherish for a very long minute or two!

All the best,

Dawn

This website is operated by
a husband and wife team through
the Just One Look Foundation